As little ones grow, they start needing a snack mix for those between times. I remember always carrying a little cup of Cheerios with me when my girls were little. I’ve had fun inventing a snack mix for my grandsons that has somewhat healthy treats and helps them with working with their fingers and learning new tastes and textures.
- Quart size reclosable plastic storage freezer bag
- Rice Chex or Cheerios
- Annie’s cheddar bunnies
- Annie’s graham bunnies
- Dried pea snacks (if your child is just beginning to feed himself, you may want to break these into thirds)
- Club cracker minis
- Plum organics super puffs
To keep things on the healthier side, I try not to add anything with too much salt or sugar.
Instructions for toddler snack mix
I keep the snack mix in a freezer reclosable storage bag and I keep it on hand in the diaper bag. I serve the children a couple tablespoons at a time. It’s great for after preschool or as an “appetizer” when we go to our favorite breakfast restaurant.
- 9 back to school snack ideas
- 20 snack mixes from The Kindergarten Connection