The Tattooed Physicist is a podcast hosted by Rosa Wallace, a physics student at University of Colorado Denver. This episode: Hanging out with Hana.
From Rosa: “This podcast series is intended to provide an inclusive view of the profession and practice of science (with a physics focus). Here, science is for everyone, regardless of background or identity, and the podcast will hopefully provide a good-humored but realistic view of the current state of the field. It is my wish that the experiences and views expressed will help inform and guide others taking this path, enlighten those that simply take an interest, and entertain everyone else.”
Hana Jaafari is a physics major specializing in biophysics at Texas Christian University. Rosa and Hana discuss:
- Hana’s pathway to physics
- Research internships and how they got ’em
- Graduate school and the so-called “two-body problem”
- Tim Hunt’s girl trouble
- Why there should be more crying in science
- “There is crying in science. That’s okay.” by Meghan Duffy at Dynamic Ecology
- Hopping on the STEM train… and role models
- “The XX Factor: Getting More Women Ready for STEM Jobs” at Forbes.com
- Family talk – the academic track and when to have kids
- The immense resource that is the American Physical Society website
We will post these podcasts as they come online as a lagniappe for science-minded folks. When you visit the link, push the Play button under the title to hear the podcast.