Kaua’i is known as the Garden Isle for its agricultural history and lush greeness. Kaua’i also has some very interesting shops and Kauai shopping is easy to do online. If you can visit this old island and take time to explore it all, that’s a great option too!
There are plenty of specialty shops, boutiques, and craft shops all around Kaua’i. Here are my favorites for Kaua’i shopping:
- Aunty Liliko’i makes passion fruit jellies and many other products from local fruits and produce. Liliko’i is Hawaiian for passion fruit. Located in a charming shop and production facility in Waimea town, you will find an amazing array of jellies, sauces, mustards, and skin products. My favorite is passion fruit syrup. Just a whiff or a taste reminds you of tropical sunshine, and really fills a need when fresh passion fruits aren’t available. Other favorites include passion fruit lip balm and aloe vera lotion, passion fruit mustard, and unsweetened passion fruit juice (makes a great pie!).
- Salty Wahine Gourmet Hawaiian Sea Salts is located in Hanapepe. Here look for rubs and flavored sea salts that can make a big difference in your cooking. My favorites are guava garlic salt, Hawaiian rub, and passion fruit chili pepper. The Hawaiian rub is fantastic on all kinds of meats, but on fish, it’s divine! It has coarse dried herbs,veggies, and spices in it, such as peppers, onion, and Italian-style herbs.
- Banana Patch Studio in Hanapepe town is a great artistic place for tiles, pottery, and art. My favorite here is the celadon turtles pottery. Check out their other lovely offerings such as tiles and art by Joanna Carolan and others.
Resource links for Kauai shopping
- Kauai Shopping from kauai.com
- Poipu Shopping Village
- Shops at Kukui’ula in Poipu
- Ching Young Village in Hanalei
- Koloa Rum Company
- Kilohana Plantation in Lihue
- Hilo Hattie – The Store of Hawaii
Let’s talk story
I first discovered Aunty Liliko’i by working on my recipe for Hurricanes for our annual Mardi Gras party. The passion fruit products from Aunty Liliko’i are the best! The Gardener and I were thrilled when we got to visit the shop in Waimea with our friend K. We got in the habit of ordering from Kaua’i to help us live aloha everyday, even in North Carolina.
|Sweets of Hawaii||Hawaii : Kauai overview, part 1 – Garden Isle beauty||Hawaii regional cuisine variety from land and sea|