I love expressing myself with manicures (you can check out my weekly creations on Instagram!) For special occasions I like to use Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips. It gives me nail art without any artistic ability!
Instructions for easy nail art with nail polish strips
- First, file your nails, remove polish, and clean your hands. My tip: I use a glass file to file my nails while still polished. After shaping, lightly file the tip of the nail at a 45-degree angle from the top to thin out the nail tip.
- The box has illustrated detailed directions, a file with 3 surfaces, and an orange stick. You will use the white side of the file to prepare your nail surface.
- The nail strips come in different sizes. (16 strips are included.) Take some time to figure out which strips fit the nail bed of each nail. You can take care of extra length or width at the top during the process. Depending on the size of your nails, you may be able to get 2 nails from some strips.
- The strips are made from real nail polish and have protection on two sides that need to be peeled. Carefully lay the strip on your nail trying to line up with the nail bed. The strip can be slightly stretched to curve and fit.
- Next, use the flat side of the orange stick to rub the sticker from the center of the nail out to the edges to flatten all bumps. Then you can use the stick to cover the very tip of the nail. The sticker should kind of stretch off the end of the nail and if you are lucky, salvage the rest of the sticker for another nail. I save the peel off parts to help save the stickers.
- Use the light pink file to finish off the end of the nail. You may have to use the pointed end of the orange stick to remove excess around the cuticle.
- To finish, I recommend using a coat of topcoat to protect your work. I like Poshe or Seche Vite. I find that the manicure lasts over 7 days this way. A tip: I choose a nail polish that goes with the stickers to fix any little chips that may happen during the week. When you are ready to remove, just use your normal nail polish remover.
Check out online or your local Ulta or other beauty store for these strips. The stores often have a LOT of patterns, not just the new ones. It’s fun to have flowers for spring or disco-y for a party.
Resource links for nail polish strips
- Sally Hansen
- Vampy Varnish
- Emberlin Moon
This post contains affiliate links: if you make a purchase using these links, I’ll receive a small compensation towards maintaining this blog, at no extra cost to you.
|Tips for home manicures||Jamberry nail wraps||Cuticle care|
Share this post:
What are your thoughts?