Skin dryness is one of the effects of aging. Nose, mouth, and eyes also suffer. But products are available to combat dryness. These are my go-tos, based on conversations with my doctor, dentist, nail tech, and eye doctor. I like to give them as gifts when my friends complain about dry symptoms. Disclaimer: All information provided on this site is for entertainment and education purposes only. Using any information from thecasabouquet.com is at your own risk. You may need to consult a health professional.
- Mouth: Biotene Oral Balance helps with dry tongue and other oral effects of dryness. Great to use at bedtime.
- Eyes: Nordic Naturals Omega-3 Fish Oil can help with dry eyes. It has a lemon flavor.
- GenTeal Severe Dry Eye Relief is a cooling gel that you can put in your eye at bedtime and also upon waking. It can make a huge difference in helping prevent corneal abrasions.
- Nose: Ayr Saline Nasal Gel is applied in the nostrils for soothing, cooling relief.
- Ears: Similisan Ear Drops are homeopathic ear drops that ease itching and dryness.
- Skin: The skin is the largest organ of the body! I’m on a never-ending quest for just the right skin lotion. Right now, I’m liking cocoa butter as an ingredient. Alba Botanica Hawaiian Hand & Body Lotion is working. Other ingredients to search for: ceramide, petrolatum, dimethicone, urea, or lactic acid.
I’ll be looking for comments below, or contact me at lisa [at] thecasabouquet[dot]com.
Let’s talk story
It took me a while to realize that I needed to ask for help with finding these kind of products for skin dryness. I kept blaming my dryness on airplane travel, but at some point, things didn’t clear up quickly after a trip. It helps to keep these products on hand. Of course, a balanced diet and drinking plenty of water will help! Affiliate links: if you make a purchase using these links, I’ll receive a small compensation towards maintaining this blog, at no extra cost to you.